For Dodge Ball Tournaments
How to Play
- Must have 6 team members, additional team members for substitutions are recommended.
- Uniform; all team members must have the same t-shirt color
- Team must have a captain
- Team name
- Age groups:
10-13 year old group – June 26th
14-17 year old group – June 27th
18+ age group – June 28th
5 seconds violation:
It occurs when a team has possession of all 6 balls on their side of the court for 5 or more seconds.
A ball cannot be held for more than 10 seconds by any one player.
Each team is awarded one 30 second time out/substitution.
If player steps on or over a boundary, the player is automatically eliminated.
*orange centerline: players cannot step on it or cross over it.
*Mesh wall: players cannot lose control and land over mesh wall area.
- Be respectful
- No trash talking or foul language (this will get you eliminated)
A live ball is a ball thrown by a player and that has not touched any of the boundaries, walls, or floor.
If a player catches a live ball, the person who threw it is automatically eliminated and you get to bring back a team member (if you have 5 or less on the court).
A block is defined when a player has a ball in his/her hand and block a hit with it. If the player drops the ball while blocking a hit, he/she is eliminated.
- You can’t throw a head shot (a ball thrown at the head.)
- You can’t cross the center line, step on it or reach over it.
- You can’t hold a ball for more than 10 seconds.
- You can’t drop a ball you used to deflect another ball.
- You can’t move into a ball that strikes the top or back of the head.
- You can’t kick a ball.
How Tournaments Work
- Double-elimination (which means you can lose once and still have a chance at winning something.)
- Tournaments are refereed by trained park staff
- Tournament entry fees are $10 per person: it includes 1 bottle of water, socks and 1hr jump after tournament.
- You don’t have to be a league player to enter a tournament, but your 8-player team may only enter tournaments for your age bracket.
- Tournaments may be cancelled if the minimum required number of participants is not met. If a tournament is cancelled, entry fees will be refunded.
- Call us at 360-454-0099 or visit the park to register for a tournament.
June 17th: Final days to officially register on tournaments by bringing completed Registration forms to park and signing up teams.
June 26th: Tournament starts at 7pm (Teams must arrive at least 20 minutes before tournament starts.)
1st Place: Facebook recognition, 2 free 1hr passes to use any day of the week for each player of team. Also 1 trophy for team and 50% off entry for the next tournament.
2nd Place: Facebook recognition, 1 free 1hr pass to use any day of the week for each player on the team, 25% off for the next tournament.
3rd Place: Facebook recognition, 1 free 1hr pass to use any day of the week for each player on the team.
All participants will receive an Altitude Water Bottle.